anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • EricTheHaddock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to create another, separate field for the prefix of a venue name? - normally a sponsor name.

For example the Hammersmith Apollo in London has had many different sponsor names (Labatt's / Carling / HMV) - so with this suggestion it would be possible to look at gig statistics for the Hammersmith Apollo as a whole, which is probably rather more useful / interesting than looking at the statistics separately under each sponsor name.

• Adminmsparer (Admin, setlist.fm) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If two venues are merged and someone adds a setlist to the old one, it should get autocorrected straight away. If it doesn't, it'll be automatically autocorrected once a day. The old names however need some time to get out of the list of choices (usually 2-3 days).

• leglessmoof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am slowly going around and merging all the duplicate venues in English-speaking countries (USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, etc.).

I think what would help a lot is if the old venue names were removed from the list of choices, so no one can add a setlist with the old venue name. Either that, or have any setlists that are added with the old venue name, be autocorrected to the new venue name.

I think the forum thread is a good idea too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base