I suggest you ...

Enable setlists to become playlists in iTunes and/or last.fm

It'd be great to export a setlist into iTunes and/or last.fm to be able to easily play the songs in the order they were played on the night.

523 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Would LOOOOVE this for spotify!

• Anonymous commented  · 

If you have an Android phone, the Setlister app will do this for Spotify!

• Knarf NiatsugnaKnarf Niatsugna commented  · 

Sounds great! I could keep track of how many bowls I smoked; that girl is a hot monster

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be great if it was poissble to export a setlist into Spotify ! I still have to manage that manually... :(

• JohnJohn commented  · 

Yes.....this would be good!

• Jerry DowJerry Dow commented  · 

Rush in Manchester NH last night

• TimTim commented  · 

This support for Spotify would be great!

• aabowmanaabowman commented  · 

There is a service called Playlistify ( http://playlistify.org ), which allows you to import all kinds of data and make it into a playlist.

Once you have put their Bookmarklet in your Bookmarks Toolbar, you just select any playlist text (such as a setlist from Setlist.fm) and click the Bookmaklet. It imports that information into Playlistify and even removes erroneous data (such as the numbers on setlists from Setlist.fm)! You can then use the playlist just about anywhere (Spotify, etc).

NOTE : The problem with Setlist.fm data, is I think the data needs to be in the format of: Artist - Track,
        so you will have to paste in the " Artist - " in front of the track name on every line. You can easy paste it in once you are redirected to Playlistify's built-in text editor.

Playlistify Bookmarklet found here:
        http://playlistify.org/pages_tools.php

It would be great if Setlist.fm could create a direct "Export to Playlistify" button that does it all for you, inlcuding formating the data, which is simple: remove the numbers and the periods, put each track on a new line, and precede each track with the artist like this: Artist - Track

AND/or

Work the other way around and have an "Import from Setlist.fm" button incorporated into Playlistify.org

• KnolwarKnolwar commented  · 

What about Spotify Playlists instead of iTunes (Which I belive is alot easier?)

• Jonathan ThomasJonathan Thomas commented  · 

Would love to see this not just for iTunes but other media players too

• ravenheartravenheart commented  · 

I think before any of these more elaborate ideas are dealt with, more fundamental issues listed should be fixed.

Things like videos, pictures, playlists etc. add nothing to the basic functionality of the site, which has some things that need fixing first.

• sfusseneggerAdminsfussenegger (Admin, setlist.fm) commented  · 

I already looked into that and I really like the idea of recreating setlists in iTunes.. What's currently missing is some iTunes plugin development experience (volunteers?).

I'm not sure about last.fm. Aren't playlists only streamable if they contain enough songs from different artists?

Feedback and Knowledge Base